Superposition provides cutting-edge motion control services for the Swiss and European film industry. It is an offshoot of award-winning creative robotics studio AATB GmbH, founded in 2018 by Andrea Anner and Thibault Brevet.
With extensive knowledge and expertise in motion control systems, software programming, electronics and mechanical engineering, Superposition is able to provide highly specialized solutions to unique Motion Control and Visual Engineering problems.
We have gained international recognition through our robotic artworks, and built up a strong technical expertise in customizing robotics and automation platforms for creative applications.
We own and operate the largest Motion Control cinema robot in Switzerland, alongside 6 lightweight and flexible robots well-suited for out-of-the-ordinary shots and model-moving.
Capabilities of our primary robot:
- Reach of 2.5m, covering a 5m circle
- Payload of 20kg
- Maximum speed of 8m/s
- Base is a standard Europalette format
- Three-phase 400V power supply
- Camera can go as high as 3m
Capabilities of our 6 secondary robots:
- Reach of 1.3m, covering a 2.6m circle
- Payload of 12kg
- Maximum speed of 1m/s
- Base is a half-standard Europalette, all can be dismantled into units of 35kg easily carried by hand to remote locations
- Single-phase 220V power supply, can run off a generator
- Camera can go as high as 2.5m
Available on request:
- Freefly Ember S5K Highspeed camera (800fps @ 4k)
- Insta360 X2 camera (360° @ 6k)
- Tilta Nucleus M FIZ set (2 motors, hand unit, hand grip left/right)
- ARRI LCUBE CUB-1 for cforce remote control
- Focus/Iris/Zoom motors synchronized with robot (ARRI cmotion, Tilta Nucleus M)
- Camera Run/Stop
- DMX light control synchronized to robot motion
- Multi-robot synchronized motion
- External trigger signals for accessories
- Synchronized 15m linear track for our lightweight robots
- Synchronized turntable
- Synchronized model mover motors
Our fully-equipped workshop allows us to adapt, design and fabricate custom hardware, electronics and software for rigs and props, if it does not exist, we'll build it!